Volusia County/food bank partnership
Volusia County Emergency Management has partnered with area food banks to provide more than 126,000 meals to local families in need.
The supplies, donated by the State of Florida, are packaged to provide five meals in each box. Please contact the partner agencies below for food distribution locations throughout the county:
Food Brings Hope
Second Harvest Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank works with 550 local feeding partners to provide food to Central Florida neighbors in need. If you’re looking for assistance, visit www.feedhopenow.org/need_food for a food pantry near you.
CareerSource Flagler Volusia may award scholarships for eligible individuals to pursue training in a targeted occupation at a local approved training vendor. For more information, please contact a Career Service Advocate by clicking here and direct your inquiry to Training Services.
CareerSource Flagler Volusia ProNet is a network of professionals helping peers during their career transition in a positive and interactive environment. If you have a four-year degree, five years or more of professional experience or have earned at least $35,000 annually in a professional occupation, you qualify for these benefits:
- Introductory Professional Service Seminar
- Networking Meetings, offered twice monthly at our Daytona Beach and
- Orange City CareerSource Centers
- Personalized Resume Review
- Interview Preparation
- Salary Negotiation Tips
- Social Media Resources
- Networking Opportunities/Community Involvement
- Goal Setting/Motivation
- Membership in our LinkedIn Group
Legal problems can sometimes make it difficult to find a job. If you have a background that may affect your ability to succeed, we can help. Through Project Reconnect, we can help equip you to make a transition to employment. This orientation will provide you with information on:
- CareerSource Flagler Volusia services
- Completing job applications
- Resume building/interviewing techniques
- How to overcome employment barriers you may encounter
- Training opportunities
- The Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- The Federal Bonding Program, which assists applicants who are having difficulty obtaining employment due to questionable backgrounds
Email email@example.com to sign up, register, or request more information.
Detox Centers in Florida that require No Insurance
The mission of Stewart Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare is to deliver exceptional and comprehensive behavioral healthcare to individuals and families in our community. For more information visit www.smabehavioral.org
LifeStream is a behavioral health and social services organization providing inpatient and outpatient treatment, residential, education, case management, rehabilitation, primary care, homeless services, affordable housing, and child welfare services to children, adolescents, adults, and seniors. For more information visit https://www.lsbc.net/
EPIC Behavioral Healthcare
EPIC Behavioral Healthcare (EPIC) is committed to providing effective, affordable, evidence-based, culturally-sensitive and comprehensive care to impacted individuals and families.
For more information visit https://www.epicbh.org/
Aspire Health Partners
Aspire Health Partners is Florida’s largest Behavioral Health Non-Profit committed to providing individuals and families of Central Florida with compassionate, comprehensive and cost effective services that lead to successful living and healthy, responsible lifestyles. For more information visit https://aspirehealthpartners.com/
Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Medicaid (health coverage for people with low income), Food Assistance: To apply for these programs, call your local Children & Families Service Center.
KidCare: 1-888-540-5437. Low cost health insurance for uninsured children birth to age 18 years.
Family Health Line: 1-800-451-2229. Referral information for prenatal care, infant and toddler health care, Healthy Start, family planning, and for basic health questions.
- Breastfeeding Helpline: 1-800-994-9662
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-500-1119
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-962-2873
- Discount Drug Card: 1-866-341-8894
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service brochure “How To Get Food Help”
- Child Support Enforcement:
FOLLOW US ON